A must-read for product people and their managers
Here is a short summary:
A good product manager …
- … is the CEO of the product.
- … has expert knowledge about all important factors and knows how to balance them (company goals, capabilities, customer demand, competition).
- … has a clear, written communication with product development .
- … has clear goals and knows the core advantage of his product.
- … developes for the happiness of sales force and customers.
- … knows about marketing and communication, has good time management, knows what really matters to the product and is disciplined.
A really good product manager …
- Really good product managers demonstrate group product manager skills and capabilities while they are product managers. These skills include:
- Be paranoid. Really paranoid.
- Work well with executives.
- Leverage the entire organization.
- Use whatever intensity is required to close critical issues.
Check out the full article here.
At some point in the future I will revisit this topic and write my own article. Subscribe to stay updated!